The autumn leaves have left their branches and crisp white snow will be here soon. Ever wondered how lovely mustard leaves or little flakes of snow will look when they gently caress your beautiful navy boots? You read it right, Navy boots are ‘in’ and here to stay.
Navy has been seen on runways world over, courted by top design houses like Dries Van Noten, Chloé and Céline. Often pitted as the new black for Fall/Winter 2013-2014, it has become the hottest color for the cooler seasons. Why not get in on the action, especially since it is navy’s time in the spot light… how boring has black and brown boots become!
You’re probably wondering what to wear with navy boots. Considering it is likely that you already own navy colored clothes in your closet, you can style your boots in the same manner.
Here goes the list:
- Neutral on Neutral: Navy,a dark neutral, pairs well with lighter neutrals. Throw on a pair of beige pants from summer over navy boots and you’ll be Fall ready in no time. Pair them with a white blouse, navy satchel and red lips to complete the look.
- Monochromatic chic: Very few colors exude elegance, class and sophistication like navy does, when worn as the only color in an outfit. Victoria Beckham strutted into the Royal Wedding wearing navy head-to-toe . Why not go all out with a fit and flare navy dress, navy cross-body and navy boots to paint the town red?
- Channel the Nautical: Work your navy boots with red pants and a white and blue striped top. Throw on a beige trench coat for cooler days and carry along a matching tote. You’re guaranteed second looks, for the right reasons of course.
- Rock the Color block: Brighten up a cloudy day by color blocking your navy boots with a hot pink skirt (don’t forget navy tights when it’s chilly) and a simple white tee. Tie the outfit together with a wide tan belt and bag.
- Back it up with black: Evolution taught us that it is super chic to pair navy and black; take it a step further and add grey to the mix. Wear your navy boots with black leggings and a grey slouchy sweater. Top off the uber-cool outfit with a navy tube scarf and a black bag.
Popular brands such as Impo, Steve Madden and Nine West carry their own version of stylish navy boots in casual or dress styles. Inexpensive pairs can be found online at zappos.com, dsw.com or in-store at DSW and Macy’s to name a few. Go on, get yourself a pair of this season’s show stopper!